Couples Retreats & Workshops
Learn how to make your relationship work at one of our couples retreats or workshops in Jacksonville, FL. Healthy and happy relationships don’t simply happen. They take effort, commitment, and the right understanding. At Renew and Restore Relationship Retreats, we offer new insights and teach research-based relationship skills that effectively improve the bond you have with each other. You’ll learn how to resolve and overcome difficult matters in healthy ways and grow deeper in your relationship.
What is the Gottman Method?
For more than 30 years, Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D. observed and analyzed the habits of married couples. By identifying patterns and behaviors, he was able to establish a method of correcting the issues that caused problems in relationships. Dr. Gottman has written a New York Times best seller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. During the retreat, Patty Mohler, who is a Gottman Leader, helps you and your partner learn how to:
- Develop Respect, Affection, & Closeness
- Share a Deeper Connection with Your Partner
- Maintain a Level Head during Conflict
- Resolve Conflict Gridlocks
- Maintain the Positive Strides in Your Relationship
- Create an Effective Relationship Plan
- Learn Good Communication Skills & Tools
Imagine a better future together
Are you looking to rekindle the spark and connection in your relationship? Are you willing to recommit to making your relationship the best ever? Are you looking to integrate the Gottman Method into your everyday life? Then this workshop is for you. This two-day program is for couples who are looking to positively influence their relationship so you have hope again. Whether your relationship is suffering or you want to improve the healthy bond you already have, you’ll find that our relationship retreats or workshops offers a place for healing and growth. All couples are welcome at the retreat, including:
- Married Couples
- Religious & Non-Religious Couples
- Pre-Engaged Couples
- Engaged Couples
- Older Married Couples
- Couples Having Relationship Difficulties
- Couples in a Good Relationship
- Those Needing Better Conflict Management Tools
- Couples Considering Weekly Therapy
- People of All Sexual Orientations & Gender Identities
What the retreat is not:
It is not therapy!
It is not an open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your significant other.
Improve your marriage at our retreat
Do you want to know the number one fuel to fan the flames of romance? How about the secret weapon that creates a happy relationship? Even though love may be a “mystery,” the secrets to a healthy relationship can be learned. Instead of engaging in behaviors and patterns that hinder your relationship, learn how to save it.
Day One of the retreat or workshop involves deepening your friendship and intimacy with each other. The lessons of Day Two center around developing constructive conflict management skills and creating shared meaning with each other. You will discover how to seek and experience emotional, physical, and spiritual connection every day.
What’s included in the retreat:
In addition to a greater understanding of how to build friendship, manage conflict, and create shared meaning in your relationship, you will receive:
- Life-changing relationship strategies, support and materials – daily group coaching and as needed personal coaching. (Value $1500.00)
- Materials for learning include for each couple to take home: (Value $160)
- One (1) Gottman Seven Principles Program Leader Guide
- One (1) copy of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work book
- Two (2) Gottman Seven Principles Program Couples Guides
- One (1) set of Love Map & Open-Ended Card Decks
- Memories and skills to last a lifetime (priceless)
Who Should Attend?
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together.
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship.
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship.
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes.
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner.
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling.
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children.
Who Should NOT Attend?
- Couples where significant emotional or physical abuse is present.
- Serious emotional or mental health problems.
- Relationships where one or both partners are actively addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Relationships with serious compulsive behavior with gambling, sexual acting out and other disruptive behaviors.
What we will cover in this Program:
- Knowing what you need in your relationship to make you happy.
- Determining your vision for the relationship and your future.
- Learning Communication Skills and Tools.
- How to manage conflict.
- What are the most challenging but powerful 5 Promises that you can make to each other.
- Creating your Relationship Plan.
Contact us if you’d like more information about the resort and our relationship retreats. We offer our retreats for couples throughout Jacksonville, FL, and the surrounding areas.